Every year, as people work on their New Year goals, wellness trends begin to emerge. In the past, carb-cutting, intermittent fasting, and green beauty have all taken center-stage. Building on current trends, it is likely that the blending of old and new practices will continue to support our emotional, spiritual, and physical well-being. Here's what's predicted for 2019.
- Regulating your sleep-wake cycle. It's no surprise that screen time affects sleep time. Research suggests that it's essential to turn off electronics and light so your body can produce melatonin, and wind down to sleep. Additionally, the hormone cortisol should peak in the morning to help us tackle the day. By keeping a consistent sleep-wake schedule, you can improve your sleep quality and increase energy levels during the day.
- Ayurveda. The mind-body connection is at the center of this ancient Hindu system of medicine. It is based on the idea of balancing the body using diet, herbal treatment, and breathing. As a science-backed form of alternative healing, many people are turning toward Ayurveda and away from fad trends.
- Brain health. Many factors, such as an unhealthy diet, poor sleep, technology, and pollution, threaten our brain health everyday. The results are brain fog, memory loss, lack of focus, and quite possibly, Alzheimer's disease. Alzheimer's is the fastest growing epidemic in the world today. Proper nutrition, learning new things, and making connections with those around you can help strengthen your brain.
- Accessible wellness products. Your friendly neighborhood drug stores are now stocking their shelves with staples tailored to gut-health, immune health, and holistic women's health. Many progressive wellness products will now be more accessible and affordable than ever before.
- "Fresh" snacks. You will need to head to the perimeter of the store to find whole-food versions of your favorite snacks. From fresh fruits and veggies to refrigerated protein bars, smoothies, and hummus, healthy snacks are in high demand this year.
People are continuously looking for the best ways to stay healthy. Sometimes that means taking prescribed medications and other times it means using natural products. When prescription medication causes unpleasant side effects, Milkweed Balm is a great natural alternative. As you're working towards wellness in 2019, add Milkweed Balm to your plan.