Our habits define our lives. If we do not like what we see, whether it is in the mirror, or in our bank accounts, we need to make changes. Since you have nothing if you don't have your health, we're going to focus on five healthy habits that often get taken for granted. Tracking daily habits helps you stay motivated and allows you to set small and achievable daily goals that add up over time and make a bigger impact in your life. So, get out your notebook or find a tracking app to help monitor your habits. Here are five habits that make big differences in your overall health:
- Do Positive - It might seem silly, but sometimes your actions have to talk to your brain. In order to think positively, your body may need to lead the way. Creating space for yourself is important, and if you don’t write it in as a healthy habit, the day can get away from you. Find about 30 minutes each day to relax, unwind, read, paint, sew, or just breathe. Be mindful and intentional. Scrolling Facebook does NOT count! Unplug and focus on YOU.
- 8 Hours of Sleep per Night - We all know the importance of getting a good night's sleep, but we may not pay attention to how much sleep we are actually getting. Keep a record of your sleep and aim to go to bed and wake up at the same time each day. Need help unwinding from the stressors of your day? Try using DownTime Cream with a relaxing bedtime routine like a warm bath or reading a physical book. Remember that your bed should be reserved for sleep and sex and keep electronics out of the bedroom. If you need new pillows or comforters, we suggest checking out Ogallala Comfort.
- Drink Water - Before you completely tune out, realize, water is important! 8 glasses a day is the average recommendation for hydrating daily, however, if you exercise you will need to increase this amount. If you get bored with plain water, add some fresh fruit to give it a burst of flavor.
- Exercise - Determine what kind of exercise you want to incorporate into your daily routine. Aim to add at least 30 minutes of cardio and resistance training daily if your health allows and your doctor approves. Since any new exercise is bound to create some sore muscles, consider using massage for pre and post workouts using GameTime Cream that uses therapeutic essential oils to curb discomfort.
- Food log - Getting the right amount of fruits and vegetables will not only help you maintain a healthy weight, it will keep you healthy. Keep track of your intake and aim to increase your leafy greens.
Start making changes in your life by creating daily habits that will help you meet your goals. Begin with a few and see how it goes. Essential oils can really help boost your outlook on new, healthy initiatives. Check out Milkweed Balm's new ClockWork Collection to help you look move forward with hope and determination. As you gain confidence and momentum, add one or two more healthy habits to your day. Over the course of a year, these small habits can lead to big changes.