It's that time of year again when you resolve to improve your health and quality of life. Commit to a regular exercise routine and a nutritious diet to build a stronger body and enhance your overall well-being. Here are some simple resolutions you can make to keep 2018 active and pain-free. Take advantage of the new year hype and jump on board!
- Start moving. Whether you go for a walk, ride your bike, or swim, make sure you move your body each day. Work on improving strength and flexibility by stretching before and after each activity to keep aches and pains at bay.
- Listen to your body. Don't overdo it. If you are feeling tired and run down, take a break and adjust your routine. Some days you will be able to do more than others.
- Sleep. Be sure you are getting enough sleep each night so your body and mind can rest and recover. Set yourself up for success by eliminating distractions before you turn in. Apply Milkweed Balm before bed to soothe sore muscles overnight.
- Spend time doing what you love. It seems like a simple idea, but when you're happy doing what you love, you won't focus on your pain as much. Whether it's making plans with your family, reading, or engaging in your favorite hobby, do what makes you happy.
- Reduce stress. Chronic stress can lead to a number of health issues, including an increase in pain. Take steps to keep your stress under control.
Small lifestyle changes can make a big a difference if you suffer from chronic pain. To make sure your New Year's resolutions stick, focus on small, achievable goals. By doing so, you will likely notice a difference in your pain levels, your health, and your overall happiness.